Cashew Cauliflower and Leek Gratin
Original Recipe: Taste of Home.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large leek (white portion only), halved lengthwise, washed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 cups cashew milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews, toasted
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place cauliflower florets and leek slices in a parchment paper-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with paprika, salt and pepper; toss to mix. Roast 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Meanwhile, process cashew milk, white wine, cashew butter and garlic in a blender until smooth. Pour into a small saucepan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer roasted cauliflower and leeks to a greased 11×7-in. baking dish; stir in cashew sauce. Return to oven; bake until heated through, 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle with cashews and chives.