Brown Butter Mushroom Pasta Recipe
Original recipe: Damn Delicious
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh French style breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and cook, stirring, until browned and toasted, about 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Melt butter in the skillet over low heat, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the butter starts to foam. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in mushrooms and thyme, and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and browned, about 3-5 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve pasta immediately, topped with mushroom-butter mixture and breadcrumbs, garnished with parsley, if desired.
Nutrition facts (with real pasta):