- 1 recipe No-Fail Tart Crust
- 3 tablespoon Sesame Spice Mixture
- ¾ cup purchased hummus
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, sliced and seeded
- 8 ounce Broccolini or broccoli florets, trimmed, and stems split lengthwise
- ½ cup water
- 3-ounce Lacinato (aka Tuscan) kale leaves, stems removed (about half a bunch)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
No-Fail Tart Crust:
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), cubed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoon ice water
- Prepare No-Fail Tart Crust as directed, except at the end of Step 3 sprinkle dough with 2 Tbsp. of the Sesame Spice Mixture; press into crust.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F. Spread hummus over the baked crust. Drizzle 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over hummus. In a 12-inch skillet heat 1 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add lemon slices. Cook for 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove; set aside. Add Broccolini and water to the skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until Broccolini is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Place kale leaves over Broccolini for the last 2 minutes of cooking to lightly steam. Remove Broccolini and kale from the skillet; toss with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Arrange Broccolini, kale, and lemon slices on the tart.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Drizzle with remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil; sprinkle with 1 to 2 Tbsp. of the Sesame Spice Mixture.
No-Fail Tart Crust:
- Preheat oven to 450°F. (For nonstick pans preheat the oven according to the instructions on the package.) In a food processor pulse flour, butter, and salt for 10 to 20 seconds or until the mixture looks like fine crumbs. Do not over process.
- In a small bowl whisk together yolks and the water. With the processor running, add the yolk mixture. Stop as soon as the dough just starts to come together, about 5 seconds.
- Crumble to distribute evenly in an 11×8-inch rectangular tart pan or 11-inch round pan with removable bottom; press into pan. (Or gather dough into a ball; flatten. Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper into a 12×9-inch rectangle. Transfer dough to the pan. Press into corners; trim excess.)
- Using a fork, prick the dough all over. Line pastry with a double thickness of foil. Bake for 12 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F. Remove foil. Bake for 8 minutes more or until the pastry is golden. Let cool completely. Use baked crust to prepare seasonal tarts.
Leave A Comment