Black Bean-Quinoa Buddha Bowl Recipe
Original recipe: EatingWell.com, October 2017
Treat your Buddha bowl to a vacation south of the border! This black bean and quinoa Buddha bowl has the usual hallmarks of a taco salad, minus the greasy fried bowl. We’ve loaded it up with pico de gallo, fresh cilantro and avocado plus an easy hummus dressing to drizzle on top.
- ¾ cup canned black beans, rinsed
- ? cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup hummus
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ medium avocado, diced
- 3 tablespoons pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine beans and quinoa in a bowl. Stir hummus and lime juice together in a small bowl; thin with water to desired consistency. Drizzle the hummus dressing over the beans and quinoa. Top with avocado, pico de gallo and cilantro.
To make ahead: Assemble Buddha bowl up to 1 day in advance, with dressing on the side. To prevent avocado from browning if making ahead, toss with a squeeze of lime juice after dicing.
- Serving size: about 2 cups
- Per serving: 500 calories; 16 g fat(2 g sat); 20 g fiber; 74 g carbohydrates; 20 g protein; 238 mcg folate; 0 cholesterol; 11 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 391 IU vitamin A; 16 mg vitamin C; 114 mg