Berry French Toast Bake Recipe
recipe by Mel Boyajian – https://tasty.co/recipe/berry-french-toast-bake
** Ingredients and nutrition facts adjusted from original recipe
for 8 servings
10 slices whole wheat bread or GF bread cut into cubes
8 oz raspberry (28g 15g 2.8g pro fat 1.5
8 oz blackberry (22g 13g fiber 3.1g pro fat 1.1g
10 strawberries, trimmed and sliced (24g 6g pro 2 fat 1g
8 oz blueberry (32g 6g fiber pro 1.7 fat 1g
½ cup water, warm
3 tablespoons Lakanto Maple syrup (or other sugar free syrup of choice)(15g carb)
5 eggs (30g prot, 25g fat)
2 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk, or milk of choice (2.5g carb, 2g pro)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 pinch salt (324g 76g pro, 40g fiber 30g fat)
greek yogurt, as desired
maple syrup, as desired
- Preheat the oven to 350?F (180?C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together warm water and honey.
- Add eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk.
- Place bread cubes into a well-greased cast-iron pan.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes and submerge all of the bread cubes. Let soak for 20 minutes.
- Arrange the fruit on top.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour.
** includes whole wheat bread, without Greek yogurt/maple syrup garnish