Baked Shrimp with Tomatoes and Feta
Original Recipe: foodnetwork.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans of no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with their juices (or fresh and peeled)
- 1/4 cup finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh dill
- 1 1/4 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in an oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until softened – about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the tomato juices thicken.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, dill, and shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the feta over the top. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the cheese melts – about 12 minutes.