Baked Pumpkin Parmesan Chicken
Original Recipe: recipegirl.com
- 4 medium (about 1½ pounds) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1¼ cups shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375?. Spray a medium casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the pumpkin, ¾ cup Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder, parsley, salt, and a generous sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper. Divide the mixture evenly over the chicken breasts, patting to cover the tops.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top of the chicken. Bake an additional 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted. Serve immediately.