Artichoke Chicken Pasta
Original recipe: thegraciouspantry.com
- ½ lb. pasta (cooked to package directions)
- 8.5 oz. can artichoke hearts (chopped)
- 1 lb. chicken thighs (cut into bite-size chunks)
- 1 medium red onion (chopped)
- 3 medium garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tbsp. dried parsley
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice (divided)
- Cook pasta to package directions. Rinse to cool when done, and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped artichoke hearts to the pasta bowl and set aside.
- In a large skillet, warm the oil.
- Add the onions and sauté them until they are translucent over medium heat.
- Add in the parsley and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped chicken and 2 tbsp. of the lemon juice, and cook until done. (about 15 minutes, depending on how big the chunks are). Stir frequently.
- When the chicken is cooked through, Transfer everything to the pasta bowl and toss with the last 1 tbsp. of lemon juice.
- Season with salt to taste and serve.
Use an alternative such as chickpea or zucchini noodles for a lower carb option