Type One Nation, Coming Your Way!
Type 1 diabetes (T1D) carries with it a huge emotional toll, but doctors are not always akin to the psycho-social ties that come with T1D. TypeOneNation Summits are designed to provide information for people of all ages and stages of T1D and their loved ones.
During these full-day events, you’ll enjoy inspirational and educational activities lead by national and local experts to help you and your family better manage life with T1D. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in discussion groups, share your story, and help motivate and support others who walk in similar shoes.
JDRF chapters across the country hold TypeOneNation Summits at various times of year.
If you live on our neck of the woods (greater Philadelphia area) here is the info:
When: Saturday, February 22, 2020
Where: CHUBB Hotel & Conference Center in Lafayette Hill, PA.
Not only will you hear from Keynote Speaker Dr. Shara Bialo of Pediatric Endocrinology at Nemours/Alfred I. duPont Hospital for Children, and Dr. Sanjoy Dutta, AVP of JDRF Research & International Partnerships, but you can also expect to learn more about technology and advocacy with Brian Grant, BSN, RN, CDE, CPT, and Jesse Bushman, JDRF Sr. Director of Health Policy.
We’ve also got every life stage covered in this year’s breakout sessions topics! Choose the session most appropriate for you and get your questions answered by healthcare professionals, adults living withT1D, and caregivers of loved ones with T1D:
- Toddlers and T1D (Parents of children age 5 and under)
- Taking T1D to School (Parents of children ages 5-10)
- Tackling the Tween/Teen Years (Parents of children ages 11-18)
- College Through Adulthood: Taking Care of Yourself through Life’s Transitions (Adults 18+)
- JDRF Performance in Exercise and Knowledge (PEAK) (For all ages) presented by Gary Scheiner
- From 9:30 AM to 3:50 PM, Kidz Kave (ages 5-12) will be available for children (with and without T1D) to join in and connect with other kids and participate in fun activities. The Kidz Kave will be closed for lunch from 1:00 PM to 1:50 PM.
For more information or to register, click here: JDRF Type One Nation Summit